Archive for Relationship
10 Questions to ask Yourself
1. Are you giving yourself time to learn your new partner?
2. Do you feel good about YOURSELF when you are with this person?
3. Do you respect each other for WHO your are RIGHT NOW?
4. Do you SHARE similar VALUES?
5. Do you both have your OWN friends?
6. Do you have similar RELATIONSHIP goals?
7. Is the relationship able to withstand DISAGREEMENT?
8. Do you have similar views about friendships?
9. Do you and your partner respect each others DIFFERENCES?
10. Do you pay attention to the RED FLAGS?
1. Time is essential, If you are ‘in love’ in a very short period of time….you might be in love with LOVE.
2. If being with your partner leaves you with feeling of not wanting to be yourself…there is definitely a problem. Remember: It’s your feeling that counts.
3. If you find yourself saying, you would like your partner if only if they would change…you may need to rethink the relationship.
4. Never over look the importance of having similar values, you do not have to be a carbon copy of each other, but if your values are too different, this might not work.
5. Do not ever give up your friends to focus exclusively on your relationship. DO NOT ever enter into a relationship where giving up your friends is a requirement of there relationship.
6. If you know you are looking for one type of relationship and your potential partner is looking for another-do not put yourself through the misery of trying to change your partner’s mind.
7. No relationship is without some disagreement, the trick is to learn to engage in productive disagreements.
8. Be willing to give some insight into your partners views about value and importance of others….pay attention to what others are saying.
9. Define what YOUR RED FLAG IS….AND PAY ATTENTION!!!!!
Share your thoughts and questions by commenting below..would love to hear from you!
“Love possesses not nor would it be possessed: for love is sufficient unto love” –The Prophet
Another way of putting it, It takes a fool to learn, love don’t love nobody.
We think love and like are the same, but there is a big difference. Love is unconditional but like, it has conditions. So before you…fall in love again, make a list of things you like, dislike and things that are deal breakers.
We have the power to control our emotions in every situation; it’s that split second before we open the door to our heart, so know the importance’s of dating.
People do tell you who they are if we just take out the time to listen. And stop being in such of a hurry to give yourself away…time is your best friend, so take your time and see how they handle life when it shows up…and it will show up.
Before you invest your emotions stop and pay attention, people can only dance the bullish dance for a minute. Trust what you feel…not what they say, everybody is not hearty enough to have a front seat in your life.
If you are tired of ending up with the same old s@#$, you will start by beginning to live consciously. You will take the time to know what it is you’re looking for in a person, and what you’re bringing to the table to share with someone else.
You must be honest with self, if you like to be shown affection, why choose some one who doesn’t like to be touched? If you have a great sex drive, fine someone that loves to ride….Know you and you will know what you’re looking for in a person.
The only reason to enter into a relationship is because this is what you want. Period. Not because you’re lonely, needy, or you want to feel like you belong.
Remember: We attract who we are and not what we want. The trick is to like the person we love.