So, how do you create your purpose? Follow these easy steps:
- Ask Yourself “Who Am I?”What kind of person are you? What’s been true of you since you were younger? Write down all the attributes that you can think of that are truly you. List the things you naturally have learned and developed over the years. You probably take these things for granted, not recognizing them for the special, significant and unique gifts they actually are.
- Ask Yourself “What Do I Love To Do?”What do you absolutely; truly enjoy doing in your professional life? In your personal life? For each answer, consider the gifts that have helped make them possible. Your purpose will involve doing something that you love.
- Ask Yourself “What Experiences In Life Were Really Fulfilling For Me?”Look for the times in your life that were fulfilling for you. These were times when you were just being yourself. Consider, What was it like for me while I was going through it? What was I feeling? What was important, special or meaningful for me? These answers hold the key to what you should be doing with your life.
- Ask Yourself “What Is My Purpose In Life?”Once your purpose becomes clearer, create a purpose statement. A purpose statement contains an action, a focus, and an intended impact. Once you write it down, you have a road map to follow.
- Ask Yourself “What Am I Afraid Of?”Once you know what your purpose in life is, what will keep you from living it? Fear is the number one thing that stops people from being who they were meant to be. Do you want to be fulfilled? Then feel the fear, and do it anyway.
- Ask Yourself “Who Can I Tell?”Speaking your purpose will bring it into reality; and once you tell people, it becomes real. Plus, you’ll have the support of those around you who want to encourage you to be who you really are.
- Ask Yourself “How Do I Put My Purpose In Place?”Your life is moving forward whether you are working towards your purpose or not. So, wouldn’t it be better to take one action each day that will get you closer to who you were meant to be? It could be as simple as making a phone call, sending an email, or doing some research on the Internet. Your purpose will be realized one step at a time until one day you find that you are living it.
Share your purpose and comments below…I’d love to learn more…